Extension provides ongoing early childhood professional development that improves the knowledge, skills and abilities of child care providers working with young children. All training is approved by Nevada Registry and meet Nevada State Licensing requirements.
FREE Online Learning Through eXtension Campus
List of available courses:
See below for access instructions. (You must be logged in to enroll)
How to access:
- Go to eXtension Online Campus and create an account first. An email will be sent to confirm your account.
- After confirming your account, log in and go to the main page.
- Search by entering the title or part of the title of the course in the search box.
- Locate the training in the search results. Click on the title of the course.
- Click the blue "Enroll me" button.
Getting started and how to navigate:
The homepage is the first place you will land every time you log into eXtension. It keeps you organized by showing courses in which you are enrolled. To progress through courses use the navigation bar located on the left of your main page.
- All sections and videos must be viewed completely and in sequential order to meet the Nevada Registry course requirement.
- All quizzes require a score of 100%. Attempts are unlimited.
- Reducing the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Signs and Symptoms of Illness with Blood Borne Pathogens course sections are timed, and the next section will not be available until the time requirement is met.
A certificate will be available once all requirements are met, which includes viewing videos in full.
For registration or site support on eXtension Online Campus, email the Help Desk. For questions or assistance regarding the course, email Program Officer Cathryn Peshlakai or call 702-257-5561.
FREE In-Person Learning Opportunities
Classes are held at Clark County Cooperative Extension, 8050 Paradise Rd., Ste. 100 in Las Vegas. Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call 702-257-5561 at least three days prior to the scheduled class.
There are no accommodations for children at Clark County Cooperative Extension training. This is because it is important that the learning environment is free from distractions or disruptions. Child care arrangements should be made prior to registration; participants who arrive with a child(ren) will not be admitted into the training.
No show without notification will result in being placed on a wait list for future training.
April Training Schedule
All training is presented using video conferencing via the Zoom Platform.
Registration is required and accepted only by emailing Program Officer Cathryn Peshlakai.
Upon acceptance of registration, a Zoom meeting invitation will be sent with instructions.
Include the following information (required):
- Name to be printed on certificate of attendance
- Nevada Registry Identification number
- Contact phone number
- Preferred email
April 21: noon-1 pm, The Growing Brain - The Basics
April 23: noon-1 pm, The Growing Brain - The Factors Affecting Brain Growth and Development
April 28: noon-1 pm, The Growing Brain - Communication and Language
April 30: noon-1 pm, The Growing Brain - Everyday Play
Child Care Provider Resources
- Healthy Living in the Classroom: Child Nutrition & Wellness
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)