Learn the secrets of high-desert gardening
Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food. Topics are chosen based recommendations from the community and previous participants. Every Grow Your Own, Nevada! class series is a bit different, providing information for gardeners at all levels.
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
- Introduction to Herbs and Edible Flowers
- Tips for Success with Fruit Trees
- Soil Building for Better Plant Health
- Plant Diseases: What's Eating my Crops?
- Successful Composting in Nevada
- Common Vegetable Garden Pests
- Promoting Pollinators
- Season Extension for the Garden
Classes are held via zoom and interactive video to Extension offices statewide. Please call your county offices to attend at the site nearest you.
- Battle Mountain: 815 N. Second St., 775-635-5565
- Caliente: 360 Lincoln St., 775-762-3332
- Carson: 2621 Northgate Lane #12, 775-887-2252
- Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-738-7291
- Fallon: 111 Sheckler Road, 775-423-5121
- Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Lane, 775-782-9960
- Pahrump: 1651 E. Calvada Blvd., 775-727-5532
- Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Road, 775-623-6304
- Yerington: 504 S. Main St., 775-463-6541