- All members must comply with the Rules & Regulations in the Nevada State 4-H Horse Show Rules Book and all rules of Washoe County 4-H Horse Leaders.
- All 4-H’ers must have enrollment forms, General Rules and Regulations and Commitment to Excellence in to Washoe County Cooperative Extension on or before November 15, of the current project year.
- Members will be responsible for securing their own horse projects. Assistance may be secured from parents, leaders, extension personnel, etc.
- A project verification record must reach the Washoe County Extension Office no later than June 1, of the project year. Project verification is required before a member is permitted to show their horse(s).
- Members are encouraged to prepare and submit a 4-H record book at the end of the 4-H project year.
- 4-H members are required to enter their respective Showmanship class and a rail class at the county qualifying show and/or any state-sponsored shows.
- Members are required to attend 50 % of club meetings, clinics, shows, or other planned project activities (activities determined by the club leader), to be eligible to exhibit at state-sponsored show or qualifying show. This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the leader if extenuating circumstances arise, warranting a modification of this requirement.
- Washoe County 4-H Horse members are required to pass Horse Levels I, both written and riding, prior to entering either the county qualifying show or any state-sponsored show.
- Youth are responsible for following all safety measures designated by 4-H project curriculum, 4-H leaders and staff, and state/national 4-H guidelines.
- I will read, understand, and follow these rules without exception, and the rules of all horse shows in which I am a participant.
4-H Member name printed Club Name
4-H Member signature Date
Parent or guardian signature Date
4-H Leader signature Date
Return top copy to University of Nevada, Reno Extension
Washoe County Office, 4955 Energy Way, Reno NV 89502
by November 15 of current year or at time of enrollment
Should any 4‑H Member wish to seek a variance to the above rules and regulations she/he must do so by written request to the Washoe County Horse Leaders’ Council.