General Rules and Regulations for
Washoe County 4-H Home Arts and Sciences Members
- All projects must be the work of the 4-H youth exhibiting the project.
- All 4-H’ers must have Enrollment, General Rules and Regulations and Commitment to Excellence forms in to the Washoe County Cooperative Extension on or before November 15 of the current project year.
- Members will be responsible for securing any materials for their projects. Assistance may be secured from parents, leaders, extension personnel, etc.
- Youth are responsible for all aspects of their 4-H project to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Youth are responsible for following all safety measures designated by 4-H project curriculum, 4-H leaders and staff, and state/national 4-H guidelines.
- Members are required to attend 50% of club meetings, tours, clinics, project meetings, and other planned project activities. (Activities determined by the club leader.) This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the leader (if extenuating circumstances arise, warranting a modification of this requirement.
- I will read, understand and follow these rules without exception, and the rules of all 4-H shows in which I am a participant- such as county expos and any state-sponsored shows.
4-H Member name printed Club Name
4-H Member signature Date
Parent or guardian signature Date
4-H Leader signature Date
Return top copy to University of Nevada, Reno Extension
Washoe County Office, 4955 Energy Way, Reno NV 89502
by November 15 of current year or at time of enrollment
Should any 4-H Member wish to seek a variance to the above Rules and Regulations he/she must do so by written request to the Washoe County Home Arts and Sciences Leaders’ Council.