- All members must comply with the Regulations in the Nevada Junior Livestock show (NJLS) Rule Book and all rules of Washoe County 4-H Livestock Leaders.
- All 4-H’ers must have Enrollment, General Rules and Regulations and Commitment to Excellence forms submitted to the Washoe County Extension on or before November 15 of the current project year.
- Members will be responsible for securing their own livestock projects. Assistance may be secured from parents, leaders, extension personnel, etc.
- A record book MUST reach the Washoe County Extension Office no later than the Livestock Leaders’ meeting scheduled prior to the Nevada Junior Livestock Show (NJLS) or any other state livestock show in order to show and sell a market animal. (Dates can be obtained from the leader or the Washoe County Extension Office.)
- Members are urged to enter their record books in the County Achievement in Record Keeping Contest. Recordbooks must be turned in to the Washoe County Extension Office by 5 p.m. on the 15th of April. Should the 15thfall on a weekend, by 5 p.m. of the next working day. Winners advance to the state-level contest. (Rules can be found in the Nevada Junior Livestock Show Rule Book.)
- Exhibitors are required to enter their respective Showmanship class at the county show.
- Youth are responsible for following all safety measures designated by 4-H project curriculum, 4-H leaders and staff, and state/national 4-H guidelines.
- Members are required to attend 50% of club meetings, tours, field days, project meetings, and other planned project activities. (Activities determined by the club leader.) This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the leader if extenuating circumstances arise, warranting a modification of this requirement.
- Washoe County Livestock Show Entry Forms and Proof of Ownership must be turned in at the County weigh-in or to the Washoe County Extension Office no later than March 1. (Proof of Ownership is for breeding projects only.) Late entries will be accepted with a late fee of $2.50 per day/per head. Entry additions for breeding/feeder projects of spring born animals will be accepted 5 days after the animal's birth, but not later than April 15.
- I will read, understand and follow these rules without exception, and the rules of all livestock shows in which I am a participant.
4-H Member name printed Club Name
4-H Member signature Date
Parent or guardian signature Date
4-H Leader signature Date
Return top copy to University of Nevada, Reno Extension Washoe County Office, 4955 Energy Way, Reno NV 89502
by November 15 of current year or at time of enrollment
Should any 4-H Member wish to seek a variance to the above Rules and Regulations he/she must do so by written request to the Washoe County