- I believe that participation in the 4-H Livestock Program should demonstrate my own knowledge, ability, and skill as a feeder and exhibitor of livestock.
- I will do my own work to the fullest extent I am capable and otherwise will only accept help and support from others.
- I will not use abusive, fraudulent, illegal, deceptive, or questionable practices in the feeding, fitting, and showing of my animal(s), nor will I allow my parents, my supervisor, or any other individual to employ such practices with my animal(s).
- I will read, understand, and follow the rules without exception, of all livestock shows in which I am a participant, and ask that my parents and the supervisor of my project to do the same.
- I wish for my livestock project to be an example of how to accept what life has to offer, both good and bad, and how to live with the outcome.
- I realize that I am responsible for:
- The proper care and safe, humane treatment of my animals
- The production of high quality, safe, and wholesome food, and
- Demonstrating strong moral character as an example to others by upholding the 4-H Code of Conduct
4-H Member name printed Club Name
4-H Member signature Date
Parent or guardian signature Date
4-H Leader signature Date
Return top copy to the University of Nevada, Reno Extension
Washoe County Office, 4955 Energy Way, Reno, NV 89502
by November 15 of current year or at time of enrollment