- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic in oil with a pinch of salt until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils and cooked quinoa to skillet.
- Combine spices together in a small bowl, then add spice mixture to skillet. Stir well to combine to coat mixture with spices.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve ¼ cup filling in each tortilla and top with your favorite taco fixings (shredded cabbage or lettuce, cilantro, green onions, avocado, lime and hot sauce).
Lentils are high in protein and fiber and low in fat and calories, which makes them a healthy substitute for meat. Their high protein content makes lentils a perfect option for those looking to boost their protein intake. Quinoa is a whole grain that is rapidly growing in popularity due to its many health benefits. Although people can cook and eat quinoa seeds in a similar way to most grains, the quinoa plant itself is more similar to beetroot and spinach. People can eat both the seeds and leaves of this versatile, nutritious plant. Together they make a complete protein. by containing all none amino acids.
Recipe and Photo Source: EatFresh.Org