Join YHEP instructor Ian Ford-Terry as he explores the relationship between Joshua Trees and their exclusive pollinators and how you can take part in the conservation of a Mojave Desert icon!
- Cornett, J “Joshua Trees Are Blooming Early In The Desert – It’s Not A Good Thing – You Can Thank Climate Change”, Desert Magazine, January 30, 2019.
- Cummings, B., “State Endangered Species Protection Sought for California’s Joshua Trees: Iconic Desert Plant Threatened by Climate Change, Habitat Loss”, Center For Biological Diversity Website, October, 2019.
- Gilbert, G. Harrower, J., “Context‐Dependent Mutualisms in the Joshua Tree–Yucca Moth System Shift Along a Climate Gradient”, Ecosphere, September, 2018
- Irish, Mary, “Agaves, Yuccas, and Related Plants: A Gardener’s Guide”, Timber Press, 2000
- Sheppard, C., and Oliver, R., “Yucca Moths and Yucca Plants: Discovery of ‘the Most Wonderful Case of Fertilization’”, American Entomologist, Spring 2004 Shipani, S., “How a Tree and Its Moth Shaped the Mojave Desert”, Smithsonian, August 10, 2017.