Kids Cook is a series of Extension cooking classes where children can learn basic cooking skills, typically provided when school is out during the summer.
Students participating in Kids Cook classes will learn basic knife skills, measuring, how to follow a recipe, kitchen and food safety, and a variety of basic cooking techniques to create delicious and nutritious snacks and meals. This summer, Kids Cook has gone virtual to provide three fun online-cooking classes focused on hydration and flavorful snacks.
After completing the lesson, students will learn and be able to:
- Display proper handwashing skills
- Read and follow a recipe
- Recall cooking terminology
- Exhibit food safety practices
- Demonstrate safe knife handling skill
- Model proper food measuring techniques
- Maintain a safe and healthy kitchen environment
- Explain why fruits are healthy
This lesson teaches the importance of staying hydrated and satisfying your thirst with refreshing water instead of sugary drinks.
This lesson teaches the importance of staying hydrated and satisfying your sweet tooth with homemade frozen treats.
This lesson teaches students how to create a colorful and healthy meal, and how to properly use an oven.