SNAP Into Farm Fresh Foods is a health and nutrition program that provides education to SNAP-eligible participants and provides technical assistance to local farmers market managers and vendors seeking to become SNAP authorized and implement SNAP friendliness best practices.
The SNAP Into Farm Fresh Foods (SNAP F3) program provides education to SNAP participants using the Maine SNAP-Ed Farmers Market Program Toolkit, a one-time 30-60 minute lesson, to encourage SNAP-eligible individuals to use their federal benefits (SNAP/EBT, P-EBT, WIC, SFMNP coupons, etc.) to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at local farmers markets. The program is delivered both in the Northern and Southern Nevada region and the toolkit is modified to fit the unique needs in both areas.
Health Promotion & Outreach
Health promotion and outreach efforts include:
- Nutrition education booths at SNAP authorized farmers markets
- Farmers market tours
- Healthy food demonstrations
Policy, Systems, and Environmental Changes
The SNAP Into Farm Fresh Foods Program collaborates with local community partners including Nevada Hand, the Southern Nevada Food Council, the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas Farmers Markets, fresh52 Farmers Market, Downtown 3rd Farmers Market, Shirley's Farmers Market, Reno Food Systems, Carson City Farmers Market, Dayton Farmers Market, Fernley Farmers Market, Hopes Clinic, Women and Children's Center of the Sierra and Reno Housing Authority, among others.
Farmers Market Technical Support & Vendor Resources
The SNAP into Farm Fresh Foods team can assist farmer's market managers and vendors through the SNAP authorization process including:
- Education about the benefits of accepting SNAP
- SNAP authorization assistance
- SNAP/EBT machine technical support
- Education on setting up a SNAP Central Terminal Booth
- Farmers market SNAP-friendliness support
Please reach out to the program contact for assistance in the above areas.
Farmers Markets That Accept SNAP
*Schedule subject to change*
- Downtown Summerlin , Saturdays, 8:30 - 1:00 p.m.
- 1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135
- The District - Green Valley Ranch, Saturdays, 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- 2240 Village Walk Dr., Henderson, Nevada 89052
- Dollar Loan Center, Mondays, 9:00-2:00 p.m.
- 200 S Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89012
- Water Street District, Last Friday of every month starting April 28th, 4:00-8:00pm
- 240 S Water St, Henderson, NV 89015
- Boulder City: Assembly of God Church, every 1st & 3rd Friday, 10:00-2:00 p.m.
- 1100 Adams Boulevard Boulder City, NV 89005
- Cornerstone Park, Saturdays, 9:00-2:00 p.m.
- 1600 Wigwam Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89074
Intuitive Forager Farmers Market
- Fridays, 9:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- 814 S. Commerce St., Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
- *Temporary Location*
Seasonal schedule - times/dates my vary
The Village Market
- Saturdays, June 4th - October 1st, 8:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- 1119 California Ave., Reno, Nevada 89509