Interested in educational software development for secondary & postsecondary vocational education, secondary & postsecondary literacy education, and secondary & postsecondary teacher education.
- Career & postsecondary education researcher & software programming: Developed N.E.W.T. (Nursing Education Writing Trainer), L.o.K.I. (Levels of Knowledge Indicator) for analyzing the depth of knowledge of workforce education lesson plans, and Needs assessment research to more effectively determine workforce education requirements and needs.
- Literacy research: Unified theory of writing, discovery writing, photographic process of writing, writing process theory, flow state, automated essay scoring, writing proficiency proctor examination bias studies, collocates, computational linguistics, political speech analysis, automated open-ended survey analyzer, classroom writing interventions, electronic scholarly composition trainer, and writing proficiency enhancement software.
- Educational technology: Teaching computer programming to enhance secondary student literacy skills, computer programming for enhancing student mathematics skills, electronic academic rigor checker, LiveCode programming language, educational application development, HTML training software, and ethnographic studies into the culture of computer programmers.
- Secondary education research: Flipped learning in English, science, & social science classrooms, ancient arithmetic algorithms for modern mathematics interventions.
- Research methodologies: Quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, computerized content analysis, needs assessment surveys, ethnography, educational progressivism, epistemology, and meta-analysis.