Residential & Landscaping
Homeowners and landscapers will find useful information to help them design, install and maintain landscapes and gardens during drought conditions, such as information on low-water-use gardening, low-water-use landscape plants, water conservation, water harvesting, mulch and soil amendments, water-efficient landscaping, well management and lawn maintenance.
Need a Master Gardener?
If you have any landscape-related questions, you can also call and speak with horticulture specialists or Master Gardeners at Cooperative Extension offices in Reno (775-784-4848) and in Las Vegas (702-222-3130). Alternatively, you can Ask a Master Gardener online.
Report Water Waste in Your Community
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
Report water waste in your community by calling (775) 834-8005 or by filling out a report online.
- Southern Nevada Water Authority
For those served by a member agency of SNWA, fill out an online water waste report and it will be forwarded to the appropriate water agency.
Useful Tools and Links
- EPA's WaterSense - Find information on the best ways to use water, how to create a water budget for your home, where you can buy WaterSense products (including rebate information), plus many more great tips!
- Resources for Growing Plants in Nevada (NV Dept. of Forestry)
- Smart About Water (TMWA)
- Online Landscaping Guide (TMWA)
- Sample Landscape Designs and Plans (SNWA)
- Water-Smart Plant Search for Southern Nevada (SNWA)
- Residential Rebates (SNWA)
Mandatory Watering Schedules
Web Links Disclaimer
These links are provided for informational purposes only. Extension does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information which the listed sites may contain nor does Extension endorse any products or services these sites may provide or advocate.