Learn the secrets of high-desert gardening
Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring and four classes in fall statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food. Topics are chosen based recommendations from the community and previous participants. Every Grow Your Own, Nevada! class series is a bit different, providing information for gardeners at all levels.
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
Classes are held live in Reno and via interactive video to Extension offices statewide. Please call your county offices to attend at the site nearest you.
- Battle Mountain: 815 N. Second St., 775-635-5565
- Caliente: 360 Lincoln St., 775-762-3332
- Carson: 2621 Northgate Lane #12, 775-887-2252
- Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-738-7291
- Fallon: 111 Sheckler Road, 775-423-5121
- Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Lane, 775-782-9960
- Pahrump: 1651 E. Calvada Blvd., 775-727-5532
- Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Road, 775-623-6304
- Yerington: 504 S. Main St., 775-463-6541
Horticulture Classes & Events